Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
Signal & Power Solutions reflects the growing significance of next-generation architectures with high-speed data and electrical power distribution as the foundation necessary for future mobility. We supply the nervous system of the vehicle, providing the complete design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems. This includes wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions.
The Connection Systems (CS) Supply Chain Management (SCM) team is looking for a dynamic, creative and self-driven procurement Category Manager to achieve business case requirements and support the growth strategy for the business segment. This position reports to Supply Chain Management Director; it's a high visibility position with growth opportunity.
The successful candidate will develop, manage and implement category/sourcing strategies to deliver value to the business with the right supply base, quality, delivery and cost. This position requires evaluating market conditions, delivering material cost reductions, benchmarking/developing and managing ongoing relationships with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to deliver value to the business.
* Lead category specific sourcing activities, including but not limited to: monitor and anticipate key market trends, spend analysis, supplier selection, benchmarking, supply base optimization, negotiations, cost reductions, contracting, product lifecycle management, building business cases and source to meet program timing to achieve flawless launch.
* Develop best procurement practices to lead and manage procurement teams and optimize business efficiency.
* Innovate within the procurement space, automate and/or improve tools or processes to improve efficiency.
* Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business segment performance.
* Lead business reviews with strategic suppliers on quarterly basis to improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships.
* Drive improvements with supply base to meet and/or exceed y-o-y improvement in quality, delivery and cost.
* Negotiate and manage supplier contracts; evaluate supplier performance and develop creative improvement plans.
* Develop mechanisms, metrics and scorecards to measure and track supplier performance related to delivery, quality, and cost.
* Perform procurement reporting and analysis of management information to identify potential improvement opportunities.
* Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures and support business process improvements initiatives.
* Travel up to 25% is required; occassionally on short notice.
* Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business
* 10 years experience in procurement organization related to category, supplier and contract management, and negotiations for complex purchases in manufacturing or electronics industry
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business
* Procurement experience in the automotive industry
* Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
* Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
* Resourcefully innovate and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
* Proven ability to develop customer relations and interfaces
* Strong procurement leader who can drive organization transformation, develop and implement category strategies, and has influence across all levels of an organization
* Strong business judgement, instincts, and organizational skills
* Self motivated, assertive, optimistic, and accountable when working with suppliers and various Aptiv cross-functional teams to drive change
* Empowered decision maker/relationship-builder with high integrity
Traits We Seek:
* Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
* Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
* Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
* Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
* Competitive compensation with bonus potential
* Competitive health benefits
* 401K with matching contribution
* Learning and development opportunities
* Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
* Recognition for innovation and excellence
* Opportunities to give back to the community
* Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?