Job title: Contract Specialist
Department: Contract Administration
Reports to: Manager of Contract Administration
General Job Description:
The Contract Administrator drafts, negotiates, and manages a myriad of customer contracts, including database content licenses, software licenses, consulting agreements, customized solution agreements and non-disclosure agreements from the time a request for contract is received through execution. Client's customers include a range of commercial businesses, public sector bodies and academic institutions.
This position directly impacts sales success, revenue and operating income factors. This position has a strong role supporting the sales teams to ensure customers move through the purchasing process efficiently, improving the impact on the sales cycle, invoicing, cash flow and overall corporate strength.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
1. Manage the contracting process, drafting and negotiating standard form contracts and ensuring compliance to legal and corporate standards.
2. Participate in and contribute to the timely and efficient handling of contracts and related reporting.
3. Establish and administer efficient procedures within the department to facilitate quick and accurate response to contract requests.
4. Work closely with the Manager of Contract Administration and related departments to ensure accuracy and integrity of the entire contract process.
5. Interface with appropriate company personnel, including Legal, Compliance and Finance, to understand the business and financial issues involved in the negotiations of contracts.
6. Work closely with others in a team environment.
7. Provide guidance and advice to internal clients on contract issues.
8. Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager on a permanent or temporary basis.
9. The Contract Administrator is expected to accurately and efficiently maintain the service levels documented for the department.
10. Undertake responsibility for identifying own on-going training and development needs.
11. Make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree; LLB preferred; BVC or LPC or equivalent legal/paralegal qualification a plus
Strong and deep knowledge and experience drafting and negotiating customer contracts in the technology sector is required; experience in public sector procurement and dealing with consortia customers is a definite plus.
Government contracting experience and familiar with FAR/DFAR is preferred.
Strong experience dealing with all levels of sales and executive management in resolving questions and issues.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Accuracy and attention to detail are critical; professionalism is a must.
Strong organization and process skills, strong problem solving skills, and the ability to multitask and re-prioritize workload are essential.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Familiarity with Client products is a plus.
Length- 6 months or longer
Job Type: Temporary, Contract
Please contact me if you are interested in the above opportunity!
Lenmar Consulting Harborside 5
185 Hudson St, Suite 1440
Jersey City, Nj 07311
Work: 201- 946- 1777 Ext: 4020
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $32.00 /hour
Contract Drafting: 2 years