2018 SUMMER STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT INTERN SUPPLIER DIVERSITY
Apply Now DATE POSTED 01/10/2018 Requisition Number: 210934BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Procurement/Purchasing Position Type: Intern Do you want to be a valuable member of an engaged and modern procurement organization that has invested in best in class technology and is focused on the Business priorities over its own procurement plans* Can you work in fast-paced dynamic work environment* Can you remain calm under pressure* Are you able to identify clear steps for achieving objectives while still building personal relationships* Can you work and think creatively and identifying alternate solutions to problems*
If you answer Yes to these questions, then we want you.
Charter s Supplier Diversity team is seeking an undergraduate level intern to be a part of our team. We recognize the importance of supplier diversity in all aspects of our business and procurement operations. By implementing programs and procedures that maximize the inclusion of diverse businesses as direct and indirect suppliers, it helps us achieve our business goals, guide our core values, strengthen economic development in the communities we serve, and provides value to our customers. This position will work with the Supplier Diversity Senior Manager within Strategic Procurement to leverage existing efforts by analyzing our current metrics to recommend policies and procedures that advance our supplier diversity efforts. This intern will perform an Economic Impact Study to measure and map Charter s diverse spend in 2017.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze supplier base and spend across multiple sources of diversity classifications datasets to identify opportunities and inform Supplier Diversity business strategy.
* Develop and apply standardized and rigorous approach related to including Minority, Women, LGBT, Disabled, Service-Disabled Veteran and Veteran owned Business Enterprises ( diverse ) in the sourcing process.
* Optimize diverse vendor identification, onboarding and capabilities research in Ariba
* Benchmark Supplier Diversity program to industry best practices and non-profit partner recommendations.
* Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
* Analyze economic growth data from non-profit partner organizations to make the financial case for Supplier Diversity.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
* Strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills related to improvement approaches and demonstrated results.
* Strong problem solving abilities and strong critical thinking.
* Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient.
* Excellent analytical abilities with extreme attention to detail
* Strong problem solving skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling preferred; Ability to clearly communicate financial concepts to a broad spectrum of internal users
* Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in cross functional teams
* Ability to interact with multiple levels of employees
* Ability and desire to work in diverse environment
* Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree (Business Management, Procurement, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Informatics)
Related Work Experience of Candidates:
Candidates should have background experience, skills, and/or education appropriate to Procurement Operations, Business Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, and/or Informatics. Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be currently enrolled in school or post graduation of six months. Background checks are required for interns. Charter requires that individuals considered for internships are a minimum of 18 years of age and have the right to work in the United States.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from May 29, 2018 through August 3, 2018.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status. FCC Unit: 13541 - Mountain States Business Unit: Corporate Apply Now Apply Later
Website : https://www.spectrum.com/
Spectrum Business has faster Internet, advanced voice services and more HD for your business. Spectrum Business Internet is made to keep your workforce connected with the fastest speeds, plus NO Contract, NO Hidden Fees, & NO Taxes! Only $39.99/mo when bundled. Spectrum Business Voice-Unlimited Long Distance plus advanced Business Calling Features. Only $29.99/mo. with NO Fees. NO Taxes. NO Contract.