Job Title: Global Director, Procurement Clinical Supply Solutions
Reports to: VP Business Analytics & Excellence Operations
Location: Somerset, NJ
The Procurement Director is responsible functionally for the strategic procurement for Clinical Supply Services (CSS) business globally and demonstrates a high level of leadership, vision and business acumen within the organization. This includes leading a global team of Site Procurement & Category Leaders to develop and execute strategic initiatives that include negotiating and contracting indirect, direct and capital purchases, partnering on supplier quality and commercial assurance, vendor management and relationships, International Trade Compliance, cash, merger and acquisition, New Product Introductions, purchase to pay process, talent acquisition, growth and training, to achieve and support the goals and objectives as established by the Business Unit, Global Procurement, Site and other Key Functions/Operations.
This position will lead the global category for Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing, which is primarily based within CSS. The candidate will be a procurement digitization innovation champion and business partner.
- Develops and implements global procurement strategies across a global, multi-site network on Indirect, Direct and Capital spend analytics, sourcing, negotiations and contracting.
- Organizes, staffs and provides leadership to the Strategic Procurement team while being a hands-on leader and contributor within the global group to drive change and value creation
- Leverages category management and the strategic sourcing process to characterize requirements and industry trends, analyze options, build supplier relationships, minimize risks, reduce cost and drive increased business value
- Supplier risk monitoring to achieve quality and commercial assurance
- Oversight of the BU procurement digitization transformation, data analytics and purchase to pay process to assure transactional compliance to legal, financial and ethical policies
- Optimizes working capital through payment term, lead-time, MOQ/EOQ, and consignment stock strategies.
- Create a working environment which recognizes and delivers on the importance of ownership, accountability, courage, creativity, competitiveness, integrity and a Patient First mindset consistent with the Catalent culture/operating spirit.
- 7 years of experience in a GMP/Product Development environment with 7 years in Procurement.
- Proven procurement leadership responsibility with demonstrated record of driving successful change & value.
- Good technical skills to understand manufacturing processes, including basic knowledge of engineering, chemistry, and microbiology principles and practices.
- Good working knowledge of GMP, ISO 9000, and other applicable regulatory requirements is a must.
- BS/MS in classic sciences, pharmacy or other related disciplines. MS, MBA or PhD preferred but not required.
- International & domestic travel is estimated at 25%.
Catalents standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
For more information on this fantastic Opportunity, please contact:
Executive Recruiting Sourcer
Catalent Pharma Solutions
Frankland Road, Blagrove, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 8RU, UK
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.
Visit ************************ to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to [Click Here to Email Your Resum]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Apply on Company Website