UP Professional Solutions
Buyer needed in Lake Charles, Louisiana
• Position Type: Contract
• Estimated Project Duration: Long term (8 months)
• Active TWIC Card Required
• Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts of materials, services and bulk commodities for local or regional locations.
• Place orders for all material, services and bulk commodities.
• Enter requisitions in SAP for all items to be purchased.
• Substitute lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and bulk commodities.
• Control purchase order budgets by contractor.
• Review proposals and selecting vendor to provide material, services, and bulk commodities. Auditing contractors and subcontractors purchasing documentation.
• Maintain and update off-site library repositories as required by agencies.
• Assure all change orders are properly documented and processed.
• Material Management SAP Functionality.
• Coordinate dispositioning of surplus and salvage through investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
• Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across several projects to reduce cost.
• Coordinate construction contractor materials and supplies.
• Expedite material, services, and bulk commodities.
• Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program. Purchases volume of $1-$3 million.
The ideal Buyer
candidate will have:
• Knowledge in multi-discipline vendor accounting and manufacturing industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access), Windows, SAP and Primavera.
• Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Minimum 1-4 years professional experience in procurement, material control, contract auditing in refining and/or petrochemical industry.
• BS in technical area of specialization or business administration with knowledge of processes relating to purchasing and material management.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, SAP and Primavera.
UP Professional Solutions
Website : http://www.uppros.com
Where matching engineering, project controls and other technical professionals with employment opportunities in the oil & gas, utilities and specialty manufacturing industries continues to be our passion - and the hallmark of our success - for over 30 years. A national WBENC-certified agency headquartered in New Orleans, UP is recognized as a leader in technical staffing serving Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas and many locations beyond.