Integrated Resources, Inc.
Position: Marketing Procurement Project Manager
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 12 months c
ontract position on W2
Phone and then On-Site Interview with team
Team is a business partner function that aligns with Executive Team (heads of business units) to understand what priorities/timelines and engage greater organization for delivery.
Individual will be supporting in general understanding of businesses high level priorities and liaising with greater procurement to implement initiatives to provide strategic value and delivery of the requests supporting the business
Savings, efficiency, risk to pipeline, supply chain strategy
Marketing Procurement experience in their background is a MUST. Having that in the resume is necessary.
Supply Chain experience is not a wanted but OK as long as they have marketing procurement.
Any industry – doesn’t need to be pharma.
Cost analyses, data analytics, general oversight of the market in support of business unites, driving supportive strategies, working collaboratively with greater procurement org in multiple areas in support of the business
1 year contract with opportunity to extend based on performance of the individual
• The Project Manager is required to identify and resolve project risks with proposed resolution plan (ad hoc and planned), with escalation to senior stakeholders where appropriate.
• They will execute their day-to-day activities in line with Client’s Category Management Framework, with a strong focus on strategic sourcing initiatives which aim to qualify and select suppliers that meet the needs of the business at maximum financial benefit. The Project Manager will also be engaged in non-sourcing projects such as demand management and process improvement where required.
• They are responsible for robust project governance and the successful execution and completion of assigned projects in line with agreed targets. They will be responsible for the delivery of measurable business value and cost savings in project implementation through the application of rigorous project management, stakeholder engagement and category management tools, systems and techniques.
• Delivering agreed targets through project implementation
• Refining the scope of projects to enable delivery in line with the top down targets
• Creating project plans, identifying required resources, identifying / creating all primary deliverables and receiving sign off for all major gateways in line with the Category Management Framework
• Implementing the agreed project plan and reporting on progress to relevant stakeholders
• Collecting the supplier, market, category and internal business data and information required to inform project execution
• Applying agreed Category Management Frameworks and ensuring project delivery is aligned to the long term category strategy, sub-category strategy, business needs and priorities, and any category related policies
• Ensuring the projects agreed to within the Annual Category Plan are executed on a timely basis in line with the targeted goals and that the identified savings are delivered
• Proactively identifying, reporting and mitigating risks to delivery
• Resolving issues and project risks on a timely basis to internal client satisfaction and escalating issues and risks where appropriate
• Liaising with SP&I, P&S and Category teams to ensure the application of the agreed relevant global processes and standards
• Liaising with Procurement Leads to request in country intelligence or other required support as required
• Ensuring a smooth and efficient handover Global / Regional category teams, regional / site teams and the Operational Buying Unit
• Ensure roles and responsibilities are clear for the resources involved in a project that they directly manage or those that they require engagement with and ensure that these responsibilities are clearly communicated and understood
• Provide primary contact for issues relating to activities of the projects they manage and ensure they are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
• Contribute any feedback to employees that they have worked with as requested by their performance managers
• Work in cooperation with Project Management Lead to ensure the correct balance of resources are utilized to deliver projects
• Monitor the progress of projects and pro-actively report any projected shortfall in overall targets or delivery to time as well as identifying potential mitigation strategies
• Identify and mitigate risks to delivery of their project targets, timelines and objectives.
• Ensure quality data on project status is available to inform the Procurement Balanced Scorecard
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Degree level educated, with business or life sciences degree preferable
• 3 years Procurement or Supply Chain experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects
• Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major indirect spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
• 3 years of Project Management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex and pressured environments
• Demonstrated success in managing projects to deliver against set targets
• Demonstrated experience in delivering results and managing projects across markets
• Strong experience in upwards communication and senior stakeholder management
• Good facilitation and upwards management skills supported by good interpersonal competencies (communication, influencing)
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
• Expert proficiency in basic MS Office© software including experience in MS Project and other business systems
• Knowledgeable in Procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
• Strong analytical experience including ability to drive insights from large and varied data sources, data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview) and database applications (e.g. Access)
• Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and Procurement / procure-to-pay tools such as (e.g. Ariba, Emptoris, SAP) is preferred
• Post graduate business related qualification
• Life Sciences or Management Consulting industry experience
• Any Project Management (e.g. ISEB, Prince 2), professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Cambridge. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Integrated Resources, Inc.
Website : http://www.irionline.com/
Integrated Resources, Inc is a premier staffing firm recognized as one of the tri-states most well-respected professional specialty firms. IRI has built its reputation on excellent service and integrity since its inception in 1996. Our mission centers on delivering only the best quality talent, the first time and every time. We provide quality resources in four specialty areas: Information Technology (IT), Clinical Research, Rehabilitation Therapy and Nursing. With today’s growing demand for talented and well qualified professionals, it’s more important than ever to partner with a company that employs innovative measures to meet your demands. Our expert team of highly trained counselors work hand in hand with every client forming a partnership of understanding and commitment. Our clients know that they can rely on us for prompt response times and reliable staff to meet their workforce demands. Our employees know that they can trust our support for their career development and personal growth. IRI is proud to be JCAHO Certified by the Joint Commissions of Health, MBE Certified by the State of NJ and the National Minority Supplier Diversity Council (NMSDC) and SBE Certified by the State of NJ.