Procurement Specialist - HERNDON, VA
Atterro onsite at Samsung is hiring for a long term contract Procurement Specialist (Vendor Management), in Ridgefield Park, NJ
The Vendor Management Specialist is responsible for:
• Supplier sourcing and negotiation of procurement costs, and terms and conditions for assigned projects, including process steps such as supplier research, category/market research, market index analysis, data analysis, baseline development, RFP development, bid management, offer analysis and scenario development.
• This will involve performing complex data analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities in order to generate cost savings for categories managed.
• This role will also be involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as spend analysis and supplier management;
• Will be responsible for supporting all sourcing related activities and companywide commitments including the review, negotiation, and acquisition of the targeted spend categories.
• The incumbent will manage multiple RFP events at a time, as well as support ad-hoc sourcing inquiries.
• Required to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify, facilitate, optimize, and execute the purchase of these spend categories within the organization.
• Potential categories include commodities, professional services, office supplies, equipment, business process outsourcing, various marketing spend, and repairs and maintenance.
• This role will involve heavy use and management of a global bidding system, which performs vendor registration, bid management, award scenarios and purchasing activities.
Common Duties/ Essential Responsibilities:
• Prepares and presents reports providing information to identify purchasing requirements, and communicates and reports performance against plans and business objectives.
• Analyze procurement spend data.
• Manages projects and activities to ensure conformance to plans and the timely and effective achievement of results.
• Work with business owners to capture product and service specifications for RFPs.
• Manage RFP processes with minimal support, start-to-finish, for simple-to-medium complexity projects (to include market research, RFP development, management of bid communications, manage stakeholder involvement, etc.).
• Resolve purchasing and procurement related issues and discrepancies, to include, but not limited to problems and issues between accounting and suppliers.
• Review contracts to assess for potential sourcing project opportunities.
• Identifies costs, plans, schedules, and performance of procurement activities in accordance with business project schedules and plans.
• Support adoption and drive sustainable savings and sourcing processes within bid management system.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree highly preferred.
• 2 years purchasing experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Procurement, or Strategic Sourcing preferred.
• Analytical, contract negotiation and development experience a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of Sourcing/Procurement Systems; including adaptability to complex e-Tools, such as bid management, award scenarios, performance management, purchasing and accounts payable activities .
• Managing projects and the ability to assess impact of a given project; planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple complex assignments and projects.
• In-depth use and knowledge of MS, Excel Word, PowerPoint, Access, and SAP.
• Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills
This is a long term contract assignment working for Atterro, which offers competitive compensation and benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.