Luna Community College (LCC)
This position is designated by state Law as the College’s Procurement Specialist and is responsible for authorizing the purchases for the College in accordance with all applicable policies, laws, rules and regulations in the best interest of the college.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for all purchasing for the College ensuring compliance with applicable policies, laws, rules and regulations.
• By State Law is the final authority for approving the College’s purchases in an autonomous capacity.
• Researches and submits for Board of Trustees approval amendments of procurement policies and procedures
• Maintains procurement records and files.
• Trains departments on policies and procedures for initiating and monitoring purchases requests utilizing the College management system
• Oversees the development of contracts and agreements and in the monitoring thereof.
• Maintains the fixed asset records and is responsible for internal external reporting and must complete complex audit reports related to fixed assets in accordance with laws and regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Accounting Knowledge
• Knowledge of State procurement laws
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e., Word, Excel)
• Good writing skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to supervise
• Must pass the required State Certified Procurement Officer’s certification exam during the first year of employment or renew the certification by annually.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL FACTORS
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Luna Community College management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
• At least three years of Accounting or related field experience is required.
Salary is based on the LCC salary schedule and is commensurate with education and occupational-related experience. Standard LCC benefits apply.
Submit LCC application form, letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required prior to employment) to:
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Technician
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
Luna Community College (LCC)
Phone : (505) 454-2574
Fax : (505) 454-2520
Website : https://luna.edu/
Luna Community College (LCC) is the only community college in northeastern New Mexico. LCC is located in the lower slopes of the majestic Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range overlooking the city of Las Vegas, New Mexico. LCC enjoys an outstanding reputation for its caliber of facilities, teaching methods, curricula, and dedication to excellence. LCC has satellite centers in the northeasterner NM towns of Mora, Springer and Santa Rosa, New Mexico. These satellites, in addition to the main campus, serve participants of the Springer Municipal Schools, Maxwell Municipal Schools, and Santa Rosa Consolidated Schools, which are within Colfax and Guadalupe counties. LCC also has a presence in Pecos and Wagon Mound schools.