Manager, Procurment Operations
Manages the team responsible for operational procurement functions including purchase order management, contract management, contract and policy compliance and reporting and procurement systems. Also, drives continuous improvements related to the procure-to-pay processes and related systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by progressively increasing management/supervisory experience and responsibilities.
* Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff and management both as a self-starter and in a team environment with presentations and project management.
* Advanced ability to think analytically and apply analytical techniques and to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations using critical thinking and sound judgment.
* Ability to lead teams through change applying change management techniques.
* Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
* In depth knowledge of procurement fundamentals.
* Detail-oriented, with an ability to assess and document complex processes, identify gaps, and devise a roadmap for improvements.
* Ability to create and execute on detailed project plans.
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service to internal business partners.
* Proficient in the MS Office Suite, contract management tools, and procure-to-pay tools; PeopleSoft or ERP experience preferred.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* Manager, Procurement would have a Bachelor s degree in supply chain, procurement, or business-related field and eight years supply chain/procurement/consulting experience or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience. Master s degree preferred
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.:
* C.P.M. or C.P.S.M certification desired.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Develops and implements action plans, initiatives and programs.
* Plans, leads, organizes, and controls activities for the Buyers and other staff as assigned, as well as departmental communications, change management, strategic vendor administration, departmental financials, and departmental quality control.
* Manages compliance reviews on a monthly basis, then determines and directs action plans based on review findings.
* Identifies and implements process improvement initiatives.
* Serves as the primary liaison to all leadership teams, to share operational metrics and executive reporting.
* Manage the administration and usage of the Emptoris contract management system.
* No unusual working conditions.
* Work primarily performed in office environment.
* Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
* May be required to work outside normal hours
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Since then, Cambia and its companies have been on a continuous journey, creating and investing in innovations designed to serve the changing needs of individuals and families in our communities and beyond. This includes nurturing and growing our wide range of Direct Health Solutions companies, as well as providing the best care possible with our Health Insurance Services companies, which insure more than 2 million people in four states.