Apex Life Sciences is looking for an experienced Buyer to work for one of our large material science clients in the New Brighton, MN area!
The Business Unit Strategic Buyer executes on relevant procurement strategies, measures and activities in close cooperation with the Procurement Plant Lead and Procurement Engineers.
- Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
- Daily processing and monitoring of all Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Executive approvals and distribution (average 300 per month).
- Maximizing inventory coverage and minimizing inventory investment, at the appropriate quality level.
- Creating of Degrees of Implementations (DIs), supporting Vendor Summits, Kaizens, Auctioneer methods for spend reductions targets.
- Support Working Capital reduction targets (Payment Terms, reducing inventories).
- Assist in the monthly Audit & Self-Assessment (ASP) requirements and internal/external Audits.
- Proposal Analysis, Review & Clarification
- Rate Negotiation, Agreement Preparation, Contract Administration
- Supplier / Customer Conflict Resolution
- Payment Issue Resolution
- Minimum of 2 years experience in procurement.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, or Business Administration/Management from an accredited institution.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience negotiating supplier contracts and executing cost savings projects.
- Experience procuring materials for a precision machine shop.
- Knowledge of supply chain, facilities and indirect buys.
- Industrial engineering background and understanding of inventory control methodology (MRP) beneficial.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Results and Customer-oriented.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resum] or ************.