Supplier Management (SM), within the Boeing Shared Services Group (SSG) has an exciting new opportunity in Mesa, AZ for a Procurement Agent to join our dynamic Team.
This team is responsible for the procurement and contract management of Information Technology and Data Analytic products and services, including IT infrastructure, IT hardware and Software, managed services, training, consulting and engineering services, across Boeing's global enterprise and is critical to enabling company operations. This is a chance to be a part of a team whose collective experience spans across the globe and many areas of expertise. We pride ourselves on performance and diversity.
This role will focus on procurement and negotiation strategy development. You will develop and inform contract negotiation strategies based on review of supplier financial statements. You will assess the overall supplier company health, performance and ability to deliver products and services.
The other primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Negotiation and creation of procurement contracts, products, and services
• Create source selection to ensure program and customer integration
• Evaluate supplier proposals for cost, lead times, and quality
• Analysis of demand stabilization - demand and cash management
• Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Contribute to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards
You will also monitor and manage supplier performance by:
• Managing supply and demand, schedules, supplier quality, delivery and financial performance
• Initiating and executing supplier improvement activities and integrates
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This candidate should demonstrate strong business acumen, written and verbal communication skills as well as adept problem solving ability. Proactive engagement with various disciplines and program stakeholders is required. The ability to identify and integrate leveraging and / or improvement opportunities into contracting strategies is critical.
• Bachelor's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
• Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. • 120.15 is required.
• Experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements in dealing with suppliers.
• Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role.
• Commodity background experience in IT infrastructure, IT hardware and Software, managed services, training, consulting and/or engineering services
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.