2018 SUMMER STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT INTERN
Apply Now DATE POSTED 01/10/2018 Requisition Number: 210929BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Procurement/Purchasing Position Type: Intern Do you want to be a valuable member of an engaged and modern procurement organization that has invested in best in class technology and is focused on the Business priorities over its own procurement plans* Can you work in fast-paced dynamic work environment* Can you remain calm under pressure* Are you able to identify clear steps for achieving objectives while still building personal relationships* Can you work and think creatively and identifying alternate solutions to problems*
If you answer Yes to these questions, then we want you.
Charter s Procurement team is seeking an undergraduate intern for summer 2018. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager within Strategic Procurement on assigned projects that may include spend analysis, financial modeling, RFP/RFQ support, bid analysis, contract negotiation, process improvement etc. The intern will be exposed to best in class procurement practices, while receiving hands-on training in a team oriented environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
* With guidance from the mentor, manages select strategic sourcing activities in procurement consisting of soliciting bids, analyzing supplier responses, and making recommendations on supplier awards.
* Provides support in evaluating and improving processes
* Assists in supplier negotiations using competitive benchmarking and comparative analysis and provides fact based recommendations.
* Researches and develops adequate sources of supply.
* Evaluates the financial stability of potential suppliers.
* Performs required business analysis including total cost of ownership.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
* Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; MS Excel, MS Word proficient
* Strong problem solving abilities and strong critical thinking.
* Excellent presentation/communication and influencing skills
* Ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
* Strong analytical skills with extreme attention to detail
* Basic knowledge and understanding of procurement or supply chain
* Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in cross functional teams
* Ability to interact with multiple levels of employees
Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or master s degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Finance.
Related Work Experience of Candidates:
Candidates should have background experience, skills, and/or education appropriate to Procurement Operations, Business Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, and/or Informatics. Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be currently enrolled in school or post-graduation of six months. Background checks are required for interns. Charter requires that individuals considered for internships are a minimum of 18 years of age and have the right to work in the United States.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from May 29, 2018 through August 3, 2018.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status. FCC Unit: 13541 - Mountain States Business Unit: Corporate Apply Now Apply Later
Website : https://www.spectrum.com/
Spectrum Business has faster Internet, advanced voice services and more HD for your business. Spectrum Business Internet is made to keep your workforce connected with the fastest speeds, plus NO Contract, NO Hidden Fees, & NO Taxes! Only $39.99/mo when bundled. Spectrum Business Voice-Unlimited Long Distance plus advanced Business Calling Features. Only $29.99/mo. with NO Fees. NO Taxes. NO Contract.