The role combines 2 responsibilities:
* The Site Procurement lead is responsible for achieving cost reductions on the Bill of Materials and supporting Indirects spend cost reduction initiatives, measured primarily by budget to budget reductions and PPV during the year for his/her Manufacturing site.
* As cross site sub-category lead there is additional responsibility to cover specific sub-category across different sites for Zoetis and act as a Zoetis Prime point of contact for certain key strategic suppliers within this subcategory such
The main Manufacturing site spends approx. $52 million a year on raw materials and $25 million on Indirects.
The role is based at the manufacturing site.
Primary accountabilities are
* Generating and updating a cost reduction plan and budget for the site by working closely with Category Leads and Site Management
* Ensuring the execution of planned and opportunistic cost reduction initiatives to deliver and exceed budget.
* Ensuring that suppliers provide products and services to the timing and quality standards required
* A sub-category lead role for a specific Biologic spend category. In a typical matrix organization, the person will be responsible for one (or more) of the main subcategories: ABI or antigens / Bio process containers / Filters /Tubing-manifolds / media / Media components / Serum / Beads and Resins / Roller Bottles / Eggs. For this spend the Sub-category Lead will roll out the sub-category strategy, identify synergies and main areas of spend across our sites and lead or delegate the procurement activity. The default strategy is that larger, multi-site spends should be negotiated centrally by the sub-category lead. Most of the synergy will relate to US sites but there will be a few major non-US spends (Europe, APAC, Latin America)
The role will report to the Bio Platform / Bio Category Procurement Leader and have a strong relationship with the site Leadership team.
Key measures will include all aspects of cost: savings achievement, impact upon budget, material availability, inventory and supplier performance.
* Own and be accountable of site budget for direct materials, defining and providing standard costs and Purchase Price Variance delivery
* Work closely with Category Leads and other sub-category Lead to roll out central agreements which have a beneficial impact on Site costs (Raw Materials/Packaging/Bio and Indirects)
* Define and execute sustainable and continuous cost reduction (CIP) projects for the Site and where possible across sites, working closely with Site Management and (Sub)-Category Leads
* Support in cost improvement projects for Indirects for Lincoln site and/or across the other US sites through the procurement organization
* Responsible for all aspects of costs including continuity of supply, risk and inventory, related to the sourcing activities
* Monitor supplier performance and ensure that acute and chronic supplier performance issues are addressed to avoid disruption to manufacturing or supply
* Support resolution of major quality issues arising with a supplier on the delivery of their goods, or related to unacceptable findings resulting from a quality audit
* Ensure that new suppliers are qualified in compliance with internal Change Control procedures and systems
* Observe and ensure the compliance to GSS policies and procedures
* Assure purchasing activities comply with site and government policies. Develop and sustain compliance standards that impact GMP.
* Assure the appropriate level of interactions and communications with key site stakeholders (Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering/Technology, Finance, etc.)
* Establish appropriate tools (scorecards, etc) for communication, monitoring progress of implementation and ongoing compliance
* Updates and maintains supplier information in corporate change management system in accordance with regulatory standards
* Interpret, oversee and assure the implementation of corporate global policies, site and business specific guidelines and manufacturing SOPs within the site Procurement function
* Liaise with the procurement R&D community and with the Global Manufacturing Technology group to define and install sourcing plans for new product introductions
* Enhance innovation by through supplier enabled innovation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree Qualified with over 10 years procurement experience or MBA/MS with over 5 years of experience.
* A good understanding of the Manufacturing environment / experience of working closely with and in Manufacturing sites
* A good knowledge of biosciences, bio-processes and bio-manufacturing is an asset
* An understanding of GMP and the Quality standards required in a Pharmaceuticals business
* Experience of delivering projects by influencing and motivating peers.
* At least 3 years track record of savings delivery
* First hand working knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology required. Technical knowledge and expertise preferred. Nationally recognized professional certification preferred (e.g.. Certified Purchasing Manager)
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENT
* Good negotiation skills
* Understanding and experience of applying strategic sourcing techniques and managing the tender/RFP process
* Supplier management skills and experience
* A track record of achieving results and of working effectively with and through colleagues
* Ability to assess, initiate and complete actions
* Demonstrated problem resolution skills for supply chain issues; a can-do attitude
* Business acumen- proven ability to understand the drivers of total cost and experience of both Direct Materials and Indirects procurement
* Able to convey clear information to stakeholders
* Influencing and persuasion skills.
* Builds and sustains positive relationships, collaborates and works well with others
* Handles conflicts effectively.
* Must have interpersonal skills to deal with senior executives internally and externally and a high degree of ethics.
* Strong business work ethic, willing to not only lead and manage a procurement team but also manage specific spend categories and vendor relationships within the overall portfolio
* Experience with legal contracts, financial analyses, and a track record of delivering cost savings.
* SAP or Ariba Procure-to-Pay system expertise
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* Travel percentage : 10% mainly to suppliers
* Role is based at the manufacturing site 601 West Cornhusker Hwy, Lincoln, Nebraska
* Able to communicate in English
Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please
Website : http://www.zoetis.com/
Zoetis, formerly a business unit of Pfizer, is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostics products and genetics tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.