Dole Food Company, Inc
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This position manages and executes the business relationships between Dole Fresh Vegetables and its suppliers. This position is responsible for running the Procurement Department for DFV and ensures proper contract and supplier management as it relates to all procurement functions and operations across the DFV organization. The position will hire, train, evaluate and manage a full staff, ensuring a productive and responsive department.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Build, train and lead purchasing team to support all operations within company.
* Develop relationships and negotiate supply contracts with vendors for procurement that align with strategic goals of Dole Fresh Vegetables and Dole Food Company.
* Coordinate and direct all R&D, marketing and manufacturing needs associated with vendor approvals and procurement of supplies.
* Develop, maintain and manage all co-manufacturing agreements for DFV.
* Formulate and manage cost savings and innovation proposals both internally and externally.
* Responsible for staff management in establishing work schedules, coordinating moves from growing region to growing region, vacation planning, mediating and resolving disputes and conflicts and meeting objectives of department.
* Responsible for materials management system maintenance for all materials and services.
* Initiate formal RFPs and perform purchasing value analyses; recommend and implement process improvements, utilizing excellent negotiation skills.
* Maintain systems data required in order to process billings and update system accounts (period close).
* Responsible for supplying internal and external customer s needs on a timely basis while maintaining inventory value at Just-in-Time levels.
* Implement plans and programs designed to provide high levels of customer service to internal customers. Responsible for ongoing communications with customers and assessment of their needs; resolving local quality and service issues.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Engineering, business or supply chain degree preferred with 3-5 years of experience in operations.
* Strong operations background preferred to support multiple manufacturing facilities.
* Knowledge of inventory management; budgeting. JD Edwards/AS400 system knowledge and advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
* Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and use influence skills to obtain cooperation and support across multiple departments and functions within the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to perform well in a team environment. Must successfully demonstrate the desire to share ideas, be cooperative, and express a positive and supportive attitude.
* Understanding of logistics, production planning and product pricing concepts.
* The individual should possess strong project management and analytical skills including problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 10 years work experience in operations or procurement preferred. Experience with analysis regarding expenses and inventory control. Supervisory experience required.
Bachelor of Science degree with five years of related operations or supply chain work experience. APICS certification preferred.
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Monterey, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Dole Food Company, Inc
Website : http://www.dole.com/
Dole Food Company's worldwide team of growers, packers, processors, shippers and employees is committed to consistently providing safe, high-quality fresh fruit, vegetables, and food products, while protecting the environment in which its products are grown and processed. Dole's dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by: comprehensive programs for food safety, scientific crop protection programs, stringent quality control measures, state-of-the-art production and transportation technologies, continuous improvement through research and innovation, and dedication to the safety of our employees, communities and the environment. Dole is committed to nutrition education to communicate to the public the health benefits of eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Dole is a founding member of the National 5 A Day for Better Health Program and is a leader in developing technology-based nutrition education programs for children.