More information about this job
We are currently seeking a Procurement Manager for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 70 countries.
The Procurement Manager, under broad direction, manages a team of procurement professionals (10 to 20 buyers & a supervisor) and is accountable for sourcing plans to support manufacturing’s, field operation’s or project management’s strategic plans.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- A large team of procurement specialists to deliver to key performance indicators in the supply chain.
- Setting the strategic vision for the manufacturing centers procurement objectives on new and legacy product lines.
- Managing large numbers of open orders, supplier relationships, and business needs at one time in a fast paced work environment.
- Supplier cost saving initiatives, on time delivery of product, and all controls requirements for the department.
- Assisting with implementing and executing Category Management strategy as well as ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Approving the selection and qualification of suppliers and negotiates for goods and services not covered under Category Management.
- Developing strategies to improve supplier performance for spending not under regional or global Category Management.
- Ensuring collaboration with Business Development and Technology to set specifications for products and services.
- Budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of experience or equivalent industry.
- SAP experience is required.
- Advanced procurement certification is preferred.