Mill Procurement Manager - Sheldon Springs, VT
369 Mill Street
Sheldon Springs, Vermont, 05485
We are seeking to fill the position of Mill Procurement Manager at our Sheldon Springs, Vermont Mill. This position manages the mill’s purchasing function and provides leadership to mill storeroom personnel. This position will report to the General Manager, and have strong dotted line reporting to the Manager, Mill Procurement. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing mill purchasing priorities, developing the purchasing and stores organization to deliver both short and long-term value and for managing change. This position will participate in strategic sourcing activities and negotiations with vendors- capital and routine.
How You will impact WestRock Sheldon Springs
• Ensuring compliance to all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures.
• Managing and overseeing the purchasing and inventory of raw materials, maintenance materials, supplies and equipment for the facility.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining a commodity inventory strategy that supports the company’s supply chain point of view and operational reliability.
• Selecting vendors through appropriate procurement practices, total cost of ownership and compliance guidelines.
• Negotiating local contracts.
• Managing system capabilities as they pertain to the purchasing and inventory functions.
• Recommending and implementing improvements to maximize operating productivity, quality and efficiency while minimizing total cost of ownership.
• Representing procurement and the facility operations on regional and national sourcing initiatives.
• Acting as key member of the leadership team at the mill.
• Setting department goals and working to lead improvements across the supply function and within a facility.
• Working with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate initiatives.
What you need to succeed
• Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred (Supply Chain, Business, or Accounting preferred)
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in supply chain (purchasing, inventory, engineering or maintenance)
• Direct purchasing experience
• Experience with inventory and store room management
• A basic understanding of Contracts, Insurance and Indemnity will be helpful
• Experience supervising and managing employees
• Proven negotiation skills or formal negotiation training
• Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel (creation of spreadsheets), PowerPoint (ability to do presentations), and Word (document creation).
• Willing and able to travel.
• Exhibits strong competencies in Safety Mindset and has a thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures.
Quality – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, and seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Customer Focused – Demonstrates a high level of service excellence, does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; reinforces excellence as a fundamental priority. Understands and works to meet customer requirements. Listens to and responds to customers’ needs. Builds relationships with and gains trust of customer by always meeting commitments.
• Communication – Clearly presents information through oral and written communication, reads and interprets complex information; talks with employees, customers, and suppliers; demonstrates strong listening skills.
• Planning/Prioritizing/Goal Setting – Manages multiple projects, prioritizes project urgency in a meaningful and practical way. Uses goals to guide actions and create action plans. Organizes and schedules people and tasks. Communicates vision in a way that inspires and motivates others.
• Influence/Persuasion – Exhibits a ‘can-do’ approach and inspires employees to excel, uses competition to encourage others. Develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes. Fosters a team spirit, uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions, presents new ideas to authority figures, adapts presentation to suit a particular audience, responds to objections successfully.
• Technical Functional Excellence – Strives to be an expert in their functional area or technical expertise. Continues to increase technical/functional knowledge through formal and informal learning. Stays current with any advances in their field of expertise; looks for ways to apply new and emerging technologies. Is sought out by others to provide functional or technical advice; demonstrates the level of skills and knowledge based on role, level, and function.
• Decision Making/Problem-Solving – Takes action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason even when dealing with emotional or sensitive subjects. Reviews facts and weighs options, focuses on process rather than isolated events.
Integrity – Maintains professional composure and tact in challenging interactions, maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment. Prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers, gives proper credit to others and handles all situations appropriately.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Website : http://www.westrock.com/
WestRock makes consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with customers on everything from beverage packs and pizza boxes to trigger sprayers and fragrance pumps to paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together.