The Global Procurement (GP) Sourcing Associate (SA) - Devens will support BMS sourcing efforts for commercial and clinical manufacturing bio process materials (BPMs), for the Devens manufacturing site. Devens is a fast-paced, highly complex biologics manufacturing, clinical manufacturing, manufacturing sciences and process development facility. The SA position will report to the regional site-based GP site procurement manager and will maintain strong alignment to the clinical biologics manufacturing network strategy and initiatives. The position requires strong operational alignment with the site departments including clinical manufacturing, supply chain, site quality as well as alignment with GP category leads. This is a business critical function for site operations which requires strong ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities on a daily basis with minimal guidance. The SA must display excellent communication skills to all internal stakeholders, senior leadership and suppliers.
Collaborates with/supports both Site Procurement across the biologics network as well as category owners on strategy development and leads/supports procurement execution where appropriate.
Builds understanding of BMS’s global, end-to-end value chain, as it relates to the Devens clinical manufacturing site, and the biologics network. With this knowledge, provides strategic industry insights, and identifies potential opportunities to improve total cost of ownership, including revenue enhancement, speed-to-market, mitigated risk/improved lifecycle management, and other opportunities that creates BMS competitive advantage across the biologics network. Strives to make positive impact on the organization, short and long term.
Manages Supplier Relationship Management processes, procedures, supplier and category segmentation, metrics/KPI development and application, scorecard format, contract management, etc. Through Supplier Relationship Management programs, he/she will facilitate continuous improvement and supplier-enabled innovation and enable the Head of Sourcing/Sourcing Managers to achieve strategic objectives.
Collaborates with/supports Site Procurement & category owners on strategy development and leads/supports procurement execution. Seeks to understand and support the sourcing, negotiating, contracting, market and industry research processes and approach that ultimately provide Procurement leverage and buying power. Understands the complexity of Total Cost of Ownership, make vs. buy, opportunity analysis, substitution/SKU rationalization analysis, etc. and the utilization with Global Procurement.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provide internal and market analytics to support development of strategic category plans; collaborate with category leaders and business partners on plan development
• Support and/or lead execution of procurement plans; role dependent on category and project complexity.
• Assist/lead identification and screening/selection of potential sources. Lead preparation of competitive go-to-market events (solicitation of bids, quotations and proposals) with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions. Employ leading practices. Prepare for and/or lead supplier negotiations depending on category complexity. Evaluate competitive offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service.
• Lead the procurement related activities to support the tech transfer process to the clinical manufacturing building
• As part of implementation, review product/service availability and/or pricing information with suppliers.
• Assist in the preparation of and/or issue contracts (or large purchase orders) for legal review and approval
• Support design/development of procurement compliance programs.
• Maintain agreement files as required. Understand how to access and influence specifications as required for category
• Assist in introduction of new and modified goods and services with appropriate departments.
• Prepare periodic category performance reports for assigned categories. Support budget management processes as required for category
• Support SRM purposes through required development and delivery of prioritized performance metric
• Support risk management efforts as required in category
• Assist in resolving issues raised in purchasing audit reports.
• Lead/participate in organizational development efforts in Sourcing Excellence Responsible for placing MRP POs, order confirmation, delivery coordination, expediting , issues resolution (returns, credits, complaints), first pass PPV management, SAP maintenance (new supplier creation, CMAT requests, SAP material contracts), open PO cleanup support, coordination of supplier qualification documentation across sites, Approved Supplier List, vendor change notifications, and CMS requirements
• Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent required (MBA preferred)
• Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience
• Minimum of 1-2 years Procurement experience
• Experience with tech transfers a plus
• Experience with clinical manufacturing procurement support preferred.
• Possess exceptional communication skills and be able to communicate to multiple levels within company. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
• Proved ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment
• Proficiency in contract development.
• Prior cGMP experience in biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, and/or medical device industry is highly preferred. Comparable controlled industries acceptable.
• Knowledge and proficiency with SAP and/or other ERP system is preferred.
• Relevant industry certifications are preferred (CPM/CPSM/CSCP/CPIM).
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work cross-functionally as critical member of site team.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation with excellent analytic, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Bristol Myers Squibb
Bristol Myers Squibb Jobs