Job Title: Americas Indirect Procurement Director
Reports to: VP Business Analytics & Excellence Operations
Location: Any US site (Somerset, NJ preferred)
This position is responsible for leading efforts of purchasing indirect goods and services globally. Support goals and objectives as established by Global Purchasing, Key Functions and Americas Site Operations. Lead strategic indirect purchasing initiatives and create long term cost containment strategies with key suppliers. This role leads the initiative to develop and implement global indirect purchasing policies, practices and procedures for indirect expenses focusing on Best Practices for our industry, provides subject matter expertise, sourcing and contract negotiation responsibilities.
- Create and direct the global purchasing strategies for indirect category spend. This includes the identification of suppliers for strategic alliances and the understanding of the key cost drivers.
- Develops, establishes, and coordinates RFPs (Requests for Proposals) on our major categories of indirect spending. Invites key/core suppliers to provide solutions and cost proposals for our business requirements, evaluates proposals, makes supplier recommendations, selects suppliers, awards business, and handles contracts for key stakeholders
- Develops and maintains an accurate accounting of the purchasing/spend for each category on a location and corporate-wide basis through the collecting of spending diagnostics of the indirect spend categories.
- Leverages and negotiates pricing on combined volumes of purchases at various locations with industry leading suppliers to reduce the cost of goods and overheads. Prioritizes savings opportunities and takes a unified approach with our various purchasing locations to meet with the potential suppliers and get the lowest possible total cost; concentration on cost savings.
- Builds and develops a committed team to manage all aspects of area of responsibility as it applies to Catalents Global Indirect Purchases.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Engineering, Purchasing or other Operations related field, Graduate Degree in Business Preferred. APICS, CPM, and/or NAPM certificate; SAP preferred,
- 5 years of indirect purchasing experience; 7 of experience in the indirect purchasing area at a managerial level, Global Operations, finance and matrix management experience
- Ability to balance strong negotiation skills and shareholder needs with the need to develop strong relationships with our key suppliers.
- Strong financial skills and ability to market the Global Procurement team to all areas of the organization.
- 30 % travel - both domestic and International
Catalents standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
For more information on this fantastic Opportunity, please contact:
Executive Recruiting Sourcer
Catalent Pharma Solutions
Frankland Road, Blagrove, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 8RU, UK
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.
Visit ************************ to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to [Click Here to Email Your Resum]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Apply on Company Website