The duties and responsibilities of procurement manager involve:
• The main job of the procurement manager is to recognize, contract and manage a variety of subsidiary trades and vendors for the better working of the construction project.
• You are provided with the range of the work to be performed which you may not do by your own but you may be liable for contracting out the job allotted.
• You need to get hold of various types of contract projects.
• Verify if there is any ambiguity in the contract.
• Have a huge list of contacts which will enable you to identify a proper vendor for effective working of the particular services required.
• This job demands you to get competitive pricing, confer and discuss on the contract, and also make sure with the project manager if the vendors are efficiently performing their work or not.
• The other duties of the procurement manager are creating inquiries, receiving quotations, and maintaining coordination between material requesters and vendors, commercial and technical evaluating, and many more.
These are some of the responsibilities of the procurement manager that are required to be carried out effectively for the better careers in this field.
There is no specific academic qualifications which are required for this kind of the job. You can be qualified for the job if you have done your bachelors degree in any of these fields like business, engineering or law.
A very important skill that is required for procurement jobs is strong management and leadership skills this is because you will have a department under you wherein you need to act as a leader and get the work done from them.
The other skills required in procurement are as follows:
• Material specification evaluating skills
• Fluent English verbally as well as in written
• Communication skills
• Advanced risk and management skills
• Understanding of project and production supply chain management
There are many professionals who have made great success in the field of procurement and have started training programs for those are new in these fields and so you can take the advantage of these trainings for these jobs.
There is no particular required experience to apply for this job. But of course if you have any experience in project management or in the fields related to this, the organization can build up great chances for you to be preferred for this job. But the experience is the major consideration which depends upon the employer's requirement. This is because as the time goes by in this field procurement managers build up contacts in the industry and maintain relations with the subcontractors and vendors. So the one that is from a long time will be able to serve the employer better which is something employer will not ignore.
If you are capable of proving yourself in a procurement manager job you can get a chance of working with some senior and leading procurement executives in the businesses.
Being a procurement manager you can earn an annual salary that may range from $82,500 to $90,000. Along with this you are also entitled to various benefits like health care and many more that the organization offers you. This can be the best boost to your career.
You can get procurement jobs not only in construction businesses but also in various other fields like information technology and many more. The procurement managers play a vital role in such businesses and so enjoy various benefits and facilities. So why not plan properly and make a good career with procurement manager jobs? Get started today!